
I have to agree with Jeff on the Old West Cafe in giving it 4/5 stars. The food was great, but the wait to get in felt pretty long in the heat. The host with the three hickeys was somewhat interesting and a little gross all at the same time. I would characterize him as "fun loving." Once we got seated, though, the service was pretty good,fast and clean. I've attached a picture of the almond crunch french toast I had. It is a basic french toast dipped in the usual egg/sugar mix, but what makes it really special is its almond crunch coating that appears to be some kind of crushed almond cereal. That with the bananas on top, is a real treat. The bacon was pretty much cooked perfectly...just the right spot between floppy and crispy and the scrambled eggs were good. Of course, the portions were huge, so don't plan on being able to eat your entire serving unless you're ridiculously hungry.
I tried a bit of Jeff's cinnamon roll french toast, and would have to say it wasn't my type of breakfast food. I'm not a big fan of cinnamon rolls to begin with, so dipping a gigantic one in batter and calling it french toast was a bit much for me. Although I found the cinnamon roll french toast disappointing, the hashbrowns he ordered were delectable!
Overall, we'll definitely go back, although probably a little earlier next time to beat the crowd.
No comments:
Post a Comment